LSP Contest Rules
Please note that we reserve the right to revise or add to these rules as necessary, with or without notification. Please check back often.
When submitting a photo to the LongShot Photography Contest:
- Please do not post pictures that contain: nudity, gore, profanity, the breaking of laws, or content that is questionable in nature. We reserve the right to decline and/or remove any photos that break this term at our discretion with or without notice to the photographer.
- You must be the original photographer of your entry.
- You may only submit one photo per contest.
- Watermarked photos, including the name of the photographer, can be entered into the contest but will be removed if the watermark obscures the photo.
- Pictures shall be submitted the week prior to the opening of the contest. We will approve or decline photos during that time. Please check and ensure that you are submitting the correct photo for any themes that may be present. YOU are responsible for ensuring that your photo fits the theme for the contest you are submitting it to. We DO NOT decline entries based upon theme interpretation.
- You may resubmit any picture *unless* it has placed in a contest previously (1-3 place OR Honorable mention).
- Only digital photos may be entered to The Longshot Photography Contest. Scanned photos will be declined.
2. Photo Editing Rules
Photo editing shall be limited to the following:
- Sensor dust/spot removal, red eye removal
- Color balance/correcting exposure (lightening, darkening, hue), so long as this is done uniformly across the entire photograph
- filtering: changes to black and white or sepia must be consistent over the entire photo
- cropping and straightening
- sharpening; this must be consistent over the entire photo (except to protect personal information such as license plates and addresses)
- merging of photos to create the HDR effect or software used during post production to achieve HDR effects is NOT allowed.
Any other effects that use camera techniques or settings on the camera (at the time the picture is taken) are acceptable with the exception of HDR.
Photos that are edited outside of these rules may be declined for entry into the contest.
You may only vote ONE time on each photo. If it is discovered that you have cheated and voted multiple times on any photos your account will be terminated permanently.
Consent & Permissions
Upon submission, members give consent to allow their photographs to be redistributed, reproduced, or displayed in any way the administrative staff at The Longshot Photography Contest chooses.
If we deem a member to be in violation of the rules and/or disruptive to the contest and/or its members, we reserve the right to revoke membership. We further reserve the right to remove a member for any reason, with or without notice.
Only amateur photographers may submit their pictures. We encourage professional photographers to give comments, advice, and tips to amateur photographers; however this is a contest for AMATEURS ONLY. Professional photographers, please be considerate of amateurs and do not post your work here.
If you are concerned with your status with this contest, please feel free to contact Jenn Dehert at firstname.lastname@example.org and discuss your standing. She will gladly help you to decide on your status. Not everyone who sells pictures will be considered 'professional' for the purposes of our contest.
Please do not submit photographs that are otherwise up for sale, or that have been sold in any context.
5. Code of Conduct
When you join the LongShot Photography Contest, you agree to abide by the following code of conduct.
If this code of conduct is violated you may be banned from the contest at the discretion of the Administrators.
- You are responsible for the content of all submissions made from your account.
- NO obscene, curse or swear words are allowed in a picture's title. Pictures with inappropriate content must be edited and will be declined.
- You will be responsible for comments to the picture made by nonmembers.
- You will treat the administrators and staff of this contest with respect or we will ban you. NO WARNINGS.
- You will treat other members and visitors to LongShot Photo contest with respect.
- You will not use LSP to break any laws or harass any person(s) using any public or private means on this website. If you are found to be in violation of these CODE of CONDUCT rules your account will be terminated.
There will be 3 placings.
- The 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners will be based solely on votes.
- Ties are resolved as necessary using the photos' star ratings.
Two honorable mentions will also be chosen. The administrators vote on pictures that they deem to have outstanding merits and deserve recognition.
Please have fun!
7. Contacting Us
If you have any questions regarding these Contest Rules please contact us using the information below: